Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thing 13 - Better LATE than NEVER!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!
I put off this thing for so long I anticipated spending as little time as possible to accomplish the task -- ha, ha, ha.
I just spent the last several hours playing around with PRIMARY ACCESS, a web-based digital video editor for social studies :)
This is the best thing since sliced bread!
As a way to reinforce content knowledge, this tool enables learners to:
  1. select images that portray a topic
  2. write about that topic
  3. get feedback on their writing/images
  4. narrate the video and, finally,
  5. apply motion in order to publish a movie -- how absolutely COOL!
The ability to scaffold student learning (as compared to PowerPoint creation) is amazing!
I plan to use this tool with my U.S. History students next semester -- we'll have a Film Festival to prepare for our End-of-Course Test :)

No comments: