Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thing 22 - Nings and Social Networking

I was already somewhat familiar with the concept of social networking and have been a member of several such networks including Tu Diabetes and Type 1 Parents. I also recently became a member of facebook - mostly to reconnect with old high school buddies (and to "check up" on my teenaged daughter - lol).
I found the Web 2.0 Ning to have a wealth of information -- and like others have expressed -- it was a bit overwhelming! I can't wait to have some time to actually digest all I've learned!
Exploring some of the discussion groups via the forum, I found several interesting ideas:
  1. Use Ning as a platform for book studies
  2. Share educational tools - though "games that teach history" was a disappointing find
  3. Pageflakes as a platform for my Current Issues course - this is a grand idea I will likely implement spring semester!

No comments: