Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thing 10 - Getting Creative, Commonly!

Well, Creative Commons was a totally new experience for me.
  1. I have NOT seen (or else have not paid attention to) the CC logo on websites I've visited.
  2. I DO believe CC will impact student project creation -- with the vast array of resources and license to share/edit/append, collaboration becomes that much broader and significant!
  3. I constantly use digital images and audio/video clips from the web to teach my students!
  4. I don't intentionally share information on the web -- but would love to participate in this with other social studies educators (especially those who deal with online learning).
  5. Who owns my teaching materials??? Well, it depends -- I'm fairly certain when it comes to textbooks and ancillary materials purchased for educational purposes but when it comes to all the stuff I snag off the web... I dunno!
  6. One obvious negative is relinquishing your complete rights to a personal creation. I imagine, though, that anyone willing to post work here would consider this drawback first.

I found some great stuff in OER:

No comments: